Saturday, February 21, 2009

Ain't It Crazy?

Why am I awake at 12:49am?

No, it's not because the baby is awake and demanding a diaper change or nursing session.

No, it's not because I just returned home from a wonderful, romantic date with my husband (while my son was cared for by a loving Grandmother who rocked him into a blissful 6 hour sleep).

Why then?

Because my husband is awake. And I am a perpetual night owl. And he has another all-night project to work on, due tomorrow morning. And I'm too tired to get myself out of this chair, wash my face, and actually go to sleep in my own bed.

Because I am living the life of a pseudo graduate student.

Because my little man is asleep and if I try to remove him from his carseat he will awaken and demand to be nursed back to sleep. And the only time I get to type on my computer is when he sleeps.

So. Here I am. Type, type, typing away...

1 comment:

Confessions of a Steubie Wife said...

a date with your husband?? I am SO JEALOUS! Clare's grandmas live in the west...sigh