Thursday, April 3, 2008

A Birthday Gift

Ok. I know that God answers prayers, but usually He's not so literal!

Recently I prayed for nice birthday weather. We've had some lingering cold weather throughout March, and I am never sure just what will happen on April 3rd each year. Of course, when I checked the weather report last week, it was predicting clouds and rain for today. But the thing about Indiana is that you never really know what's going to happen. The forecast changes almost as quickly as the weather. If the weatherman predicts rain on my birthday, there is a good chance I'll have sunshine instead.

So, last week I just casually looked up to the sky and petitioned God for some sunshine on my birthday - and warm weather too, if possible. When I woke up this morning I was excited to find a crystal clear sky and intense sunrise to greet me. Just a few minutes ago I stepped outside to feel the warmest weather we've had this spring.

I am so very happy. It's April. It's my birthday. And spring is finally here!

No comments: